Wednesday, June 5, 2013

classroom makeover part 1

     I recently found out that I'm going to be moving from 1st grade to 2nd grade in August and I couldn't be more thrilled!  One of the best {and worst} things about this is that I'm going to a new classroom.  On the upside, I am getting a fresh start in a new room and a chance to make it my own.  On the downside, I have to move all of my junk!!!!!  Luckily, my kids are doing a drama & music camp at our church this week, so I'm getting some time to work in both of my rooms and get some things accomplished.  One of the first things I was bummed about was that I wasn't going to be able to bring my file cabinets that I made over last summer with me.  I had Mod Podged scrapbook paper on the drawers to add a colorful pop to them!  Here is a glimpse of last summer's project:
     I really liked the way they looked, but the Mod Podge was very time-consuming and I just wanted a different look for my new classroom.  SO, off to Pinterest I went and found some *cute* file cabinet makeover ideas.  (Can you not just find anything & everything on Pinterest?!)  Anyway, I still have a looooong way to go on my 2nd grade classroom {...evident in the background of these pics!!!}, but I have tackled one task, which was to redo the file cabinets.  Here is the big reveal, lol!
     I am really happy with the way they turned out :) Crazy how much a little bit of high gloss latex paint and some wall decals will spruce up something boring into something much more….POSH!  All for about $30, too!  I'll be back with more before and after pics soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment